Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Don't Drink the Water Girls ;)

Here we go again...my girlfriends are all havin some. Babies that is. Its all around me and I feel like its breathing down my neck! The inevitable, baby itch! I am in the posture of ignoring it lol! Anyway, my entry today is a vlog entry. Not my own but a highly recommended watch to my "expectant" friends. It's about chemical sensitivity in the womb and the importance of keeping the body as pure as possible during pregnancy. I don't think any mother to be in her right mind would be ok with her unborn child swimming in a toxic sea. But what we put in our bodies determines the environment of the womb. Exposure to certain environmental toxins cause several illnesses, disorders, behavioral problems in children and difficulty conceiving/inability to carry full term in child-bearing age women. Getting rid of the unnecessary ones in our home is a good start. Here is some quick advice for giving baby your best.

1. Limit your exposure to toxic chemicals, because they cause a lot of preventable issues in you and your baby's health. Wear gloves and masks while cleaning (or Get Clean with Shaklee;) Just as you avoid smoke, the fumes of your cleaning products are very harmful to breathe.

2. Buy safer/natural cosmetics and personal care products. Since whatever is on the surface of your skin gets absorbed and then seeps into your bloodstream, what you use on your skin during pregnancy is a big deal! Did you know that even many of your favorite cosmetics are made from boiled down animal fats and other animal bi products? It's gross, so no one talks about it. I think its best to avoid them all together. Its only for nine months ;)

TIP: I've found that natural rosewater is an amazing toner and works wonders for your skin! It even tightens pores ladies! I've been using it for several months and always get complements <3 This is an ancient beauty secret!

I say just give your natural pregnancy glow a go. There's nothing quite like it - so enjoy!

3. Avoid colas (especially diet) and get plenty of fresh water and air. And of course, take a good wholesome food supplement, instead of these man-made synthetics. It will reduce nausea. And also, seriously consider any medication, shots, and testing (tb skin test) you allow to be done. Most have not been tested and observed long enough to even know of any long term health risks to you or your little one. Just be aware.


:: Here's to a happy & healthy pregnancy!::

2 comments:

  1. Great info Allison! When I get pregnant you be the one I will be talking to :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl! I will be here for you <3

    ReplyDelete