Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Gift of Health


I know that Thanksgiving has come and gone, but if its one thing that we are reminded with every passing year its to remain thankful. Grateful for the ones we love, for a home and food, cherishing every moment as if it were going to be our last. How appropriate this is that Christmas follows close behind. I have to say that my favorite thing about the season is the opportunity to express my genuine care and appreciation towards friends and family through GIVING! I mean, don't get me wrong...I enjoy the lights, homemade goodies and radio carols with the best of them. This year though, I'm thankful for something more. My health. It's not what comes to mind at this time of year, when we are making out our lists and trying to catch all the holiday sales, but it is something that counts. Have you ever heard the scripture that says "It's better for a man to gain the whole world than to lose his soul."? Well, its kind of along the same lines. What value would money have to you if you couldn't get out of bed to spend a cent of it? Think about those that won't share in the laughter around the tree, because of the severity of their condition. Health friends, is more precious than presents. This Christmas, I am thankful to God for well-able body and a sound mind. And just like you wouldn't neglect a gift tagged with your name, you wouldn't beat it with a baseball bat or toss it down the stairs...for fear of offending the person that gave it to you, of course!  Take the time to say thank you to the One who deserves it. Don't get it twisted. Not only has He given you a beautiful life to live, but also offers you a love that nothing can top and no one can take away. I love Him for that! And I am compelled to share the gift of His love as well the message of nutrition and wellness to mommies and their families...and pretty much everyone I meet. Its kind of like re-gifting a gift that keeps on giving. So instead of elephants, how about you re-gift some family wellness :) I honestly don't feel that I have MUCH to offer anyone this Christmas...except what's in my heart. Tis' my glorious mission!

And now I go to resume listening to Pandora's lovely selection on The Frosty the Snow man Station :D Yay for Christmas!

Oh yeah- got our big boy's vitamins in the mail! Actually its a powder that's really for infants and toddlers...but I'm calling them his big boy ones. They are the best! The essential vitamins and minerals he needs PLUS probiotics for healthy immune and digestive function. Mixed with juice or his applesauce, he can't even taste 'em! ::wink wink:: Here's what the bottle looks like...




::Happy Gift Hunting!!::
::What is Kwanzaa anyways? Don't say black people's Christmas...LMBO!::

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading thanks for sharing/bloggin bout it!!!! Merry Christmas, y'all! (in my Paula Deen voice)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Thanks for readin'! Merry Kwanzaa or whatever! Just kidding

    ReplyDelete